Here are seven ways to help you keep your valued business partners in mind and give them more referrals and have them reciprocate. Remember “Givers Gain”.
1. Focus: We all have many demands on our time and where we spend our efforts. Work with colleauges you know and already have a relationship with; ideally these colleagues will be those whom you know will follow up and take action.
2. Know what a good referral looks like. Most of us when we ask for a referral are not clear on what the ideal referral is. before you discuss with your colleagues define what constitutes your ideal referral – you may end up with a number of definitions, possibly for example for each industry that you service. “Anyone” and “everyone” are not good referrals – be specific.
3. Keep a visual reminder in front of you when you are talking with your contacts. An A4 sheet of paper will photocopy up to 8 business cards. Use a business card holder. Make an Excel sheet with a list of names, numbers and what a good referral. Keep any or all of the resources open and with you as often as possible.
4. Ask questions and listen for clues. When you’re talking to your clients, other business partners listen to their complaints. These can be an opening to providing suggestions.
5. Be up front. Tell your new acquaintances and business clients “I find that the majority of my business comes from businesses with whom I’ve worked. I’ve found that my new clients, friends and colleagues appreciate knowing that they can confidently rely on me and know that anyone that they refer will be treated with respect and professionalism. If you know of anyonecthat has a need for my services, let me know.
6. Ask the question. Don’t be afraid to ask for a referral, once you’ve built trust with clients or colleagues ask the question. By the way I’m looking for an introduction to XYZ: I am know that my ABC widget will help them achieve great results? Do you know anyone at XYZ? Why did I put in the ABC widget? To make it REAL.
7. Be aware. Never stop thinking about a referral for you or your network (refer 3). Keep your specifics and theirs at the top of mind: ALWAYS. Never stop thinking about how to get a referral.
Zig Ziglar said it first, last, and best: “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” Other business people want to get more business. Use these seven strategies to increase the referrals you give and you’ll soon find that you are getting more of you want.
Start learning more about how to grow your business with E-learning from www.astutemarketingacademy.com this online resource provides you with the resources that you can apply today to grow your referral network. Whether your small business is in Warnambool, Mudgee, Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney these valuable resources are available for you 24/7 on the WWW. You can access these invaluable resources at any time – when it’s convenient to you.
Helping you get more from your business!
Astute Business Coaching has a range of affordable coaching programs designed to coach you to business success and improved profits. Visit our site to learn how you can improve your Geelong, Surfcoast, Melbourne or Western Victoria business.